This one is for you parents, caregivers, or students who are new to the special education referral process. Here are some great links and resources for those of you who are brand new to the whole world of special education:
- CEC's tool of the week - Here are some free downloads available from the Council of Exceptional Children (CEC). These are all great downloads for any stage of special education. Some downloads include: driver's ed, understanding special education, and more.
- Special education news - Here is a great resource that has history of special education, and trending topics regarding special education.
- FAPE - Here is a great resource all about FAPE - Free and Appropriate Public Education
- IDEA - Click here to learn about the IDEA - Individual's with Disabilities Education Act.
- IEP - Here is a great site about the IEP process.
- NCLB - No child left behind - learn all about it here.
Have Twitter? Here are some special education related hash-tags: