I would like to point you towards...Goodsearch. Getting money for your school is as simple as searching the net! I have used Goodsearch in my former position as a technology integration teacher, and we raised approximately $70 just by searching!
How did we do it?
- Sent home flyers with the students
- Posted flyers in the teacher's lounge
- Emailed colleagues, administration, and all staff about the benefits of Goodsearch
- Put Goodsearch as the homepage on the laptop computers
- Downloaded the Goodsearch toolbar
- Put the badge on my blog
- For more info about how to spread the word about Goodsearch go here
- A direct quote from the Goodsearch site, "Here's an easy way to raise money for your favorite cause. Just start using Yahoo! powered GoodSearch.com as your search engine and they'll donate about a penny to your favorite cause every time you do a search! In addition, do all of your shopping through their online shopping mall, GoodShop.com, where you can shop at more than 2,400 top online retailers and a percentage of your purchases will go to the charity or school of your choice. You pay the same price as you normally would, but a donation goes to your cause!"
- For more information here is a link to the FAQ's
- Still have questions? Here is a link to a 15 minute webinar. The 15 minute webinar will show the new features of GoodSearch. Download the webinar here.