The 9/11, 10 year anniversary is upon us. What do you talk about with your students to convey the importance of the day in US History? How do we talk about some of these abstract concepts with our students?
Well I hope that the resources below help in your planning of this significant day.
- Quilt square - create a class or school wide quilt to remember the day. What a great gift to present to a family member or administration to remember the day! *This will link you to a pdf to print and have students draw a quilt square to create a classroom paper quilt to remember 9/11*
- American Symbols game - Simply match the symbol to the correct description. You can read the descriptions to students and they can match the symbol to description.
- Interactive coloring pages - Simply click on a picture you would like to color and it will transform into an interactive activity.
- Patriot Day Printables
9/11 video - Great cartoon style video explaining 9/11 just for students.
- 9/11 Never forget - A site with great activities, videos, printables all around September 11.
9/11 Informational Resources:
- About Patriot Day - 9/11 Remembrance of September 11, 2001
- 9/11 on Wednesdays with Sam